Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Very Busy Week

My apologies for the lackluster blogging over the last couple of days; my alter ego has been hard at work this week, and there hasn't been much news of interest other than getting ready to head back into the woods in two weeks.

So while I'm trying to keep up with everything, I'll let you enjoy some of the old photos I've been able to collect over the past couple of years, contrasted with Camp nowadays.

The Lodge:

1920's

1960's

2009

The view from the water (sorry- I don't have any earlier photos from the water):

1960's

2009

The Camp yard:

1930's-40's, I believe

Later in the 1930's-40's

1960's

2010

And this one isn't quite a comparison, but you get the idea. The historic photo was taken from the shore in the right side of the current photo.

1960's

2010

The historic photos will eventually make it into our Flickr photostream.  I also think that it may be a fun project this summer to go back and take photos that more closely replicate some of the historic ones; I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment