Wednesday, April 20, 2011

10 Days to Go...

Everything is greening up down here in Virginia; one of the fun parts of leading a double life is that I get to have spring twice and autumn twice every year.  (And if the snow is still deep up in the woods in two weeks, I'll get to have winter again this year, too!)

I've been trying to sort out this spring's project list over the past few days.  After we get the generator back in, we'll be able to work on the bathroom in Denny at the same time we install the solar power system.  I'm hoping Denny will only take a couple of weeks to complete, and then we can finally use the cabin again.  The raised garden beds won't take long to build, so we should be able to get those finished as soon as the snow clears up, and then I can get our vegetables in the ground.  Then there's the stone wall in the dining room, which took a back seat to the cabins last year but which I'd really like to install this spring/summer.  I think those are the major items; everything else can wait until the summer slows down a little.

I was hoping to also work on the Island in May prior to guests arriving, but I think it will have to wait until at least July.  (The Island is booked almost solid from the middle of May to the middle of July.)

All of those projects, of course, hinge on our ability to drive in to Camp.  If we have to wait for that to happen, we'll work on finishing up the embroidery on the pillowcases and a few other minor projects that we can work on in town.

As usual, I'll have my camera with me just about every day, and I'll keep you guys posted with pictures of our progress.  I want to thank everyone who reads this blog and takes an interest in Red River's well-being.  You guys make our days that much more rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment