Wednesday, April 27, 2011

@Hungry_Birds

I don't use Twitter myself. I think our shrinking attention span is a sign that we need to get outside more, not an indication we should stop using more than 140 letters at a time.  But @hungry_birds is just too funny not to share.

A Latvian magazine titled "Ir" also thinks Twitter is for birdbrains, and I mean that in the most literal sense possible.  Ir set up the @hungry_birds Twitter account, smeared a standard computer keyboard (still attached to the computer) with salted bacon fat, and left the rest to history.  In the winter, between about 5AM and 4PM GMT each day, birds flock to their very own internet cafe for a snack and a quick tweet.  (I just love how this post comes with its own built-in puns.  It makes my job so easy!) 

You can see the birds typing their thoughtful messages on Ir's webcam or join over 2,600 people following @hungry_birds on Twitter.  Unfortunately, now that spring is here, Ir has taken down the bacon-covered keyboard, but it wouldn't surprise me if they replaced it with a more summery variant.

Say what you want, but I bet the birds' messages make more sense than some tweets from real people.

No comments:

Post a Comment