Thursday, April 28, 2011

Two Days to Go

Just a quick little post as I sit here on my lunch break.  I can't believe I have less than 48 hours to finish packing, double-check my project list, and head north.  It's been a frantic week down here; I'm looking forward to collapsing at the "finish line" Saturday evening.  Unfortunately, the finish line isn't actually Red River.  From what I understand, the smaller woods roads are still impassable, so I won't be making it in until Sunday at the earliest, and more likely the middle of next week.  Just the same, I can't wait to get to Maine.

The last few things we ordered for the cabins have arrived; we're all ready to install the new tankless water heaters and put the new quilts on the beds.  We haven't made a decision yet on the new generator, so once we can reliably get into the woods, we'll bring the old one back in to get us started.  (It still runs, just not efficiently.  It should see us through a little while longer.)

So you probably won't hear from me tomorrow or Saturday unless something newsworthy happens.  After that, though, things should get pretty interesting around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment