Monday, April 25, 2011

Five Days to Go

More appliance updates!

A couple of years ago, we traded out the water heaters in Upper and on the Island for battery-ignition tankless heaters.  They take up less room, are easy to operate, and don't waste propane when the cabins are unoccupied.  Yesterday, I purchased four more: one each for Togue, Denny, Pushineer, and Gardner.  (The water heaters in Galilee and the Little Cabins are still in good shape.)  We'll swap those out this spring and have them ready for our first guests.


My next anticipated purchase is a booster pump (a Shurflo or similar) for both Denny and Upper to increase the water pressure in the showers on the top of the hill.  I haven't looked at water pumps since my Hydraulics class in college, though, so it's going to require a little more research.  I have a feeling we'll rig each bathroom with a "shower switch" that will start the pump. The pump will draw water directly from the water tank, and voila! Good pressure on the top of the hill.

So with five days to go before we get this spring started, we're definitely not resting on our laurels, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment