Saturday, April 30, 2011

Today's the Big Day!

The Great Migration (of 2011) is underway!  I'll be in Maine this evening, which is always a nice feeling.

Unfortunately, I received this from the North Maine Woods in my e-mail yesterday afternoon:
We know grass is green in central Maine, but winter conditions still exist in most of NMW region and in the KI JO-Mary Forest. Any roads not plowed over the winter months are still impassible due to snow depths. Ashland area still has up to 12" of snow in the woods. Further west there is still up to 24" of snow.
Campsites on St. John River and Allagash are snow covered.  Ice on most Allagash Lakes is winter solid. Ice at Ross Lake is still +20”.
We'll see how this bodes for my plan to get in to Camp.  Looks like I may need to add some more options to the poll.  ("June" might be applicable.)

I'll keep you all posted- enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment