Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wildlife Cams

A friend posted this link to the Hampton Roads Eagle Cam in Virginia the other day.  It looks like she has three chicks this year, which you can't see in this picture.


It reminded me of some nice cams we have in Maine, as well.  Take a gander at the eagle cam and the peregrine falcon cam at the Biodiversity Research Institute, collaborations between the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife. BRI also had a loon cam, but it appears that it's not online this year. They did leave up a high-resolution video from 2008 for folks to watch.

Another one I like, not because it's wildlife related but because it keeps the me from getting homesick when I'm away, is the Katahdin Cam. I saw that view every day in the winter when I was growing up and still feel a great sense of place when I look at it. (That reminds me, I need to climb Katahdin again one of these years; it's been too long.)

I've considered putting a webcam of some sort at Camp, but the logistics are a nightmare, so that idea will be at least a few years in the making. Until then, if you know of any other webcams we might enjoy, please leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment