Monday, March 14, 2011

Girly Stuff

All the men out there will laugh at this post.  I have no problem with that.

Last autumn, Mom and I went halfsies on an embroidery machine.  It'll be useful for shirts, hats (once we get the basics figured out), and other items like that.  While I was up in Maine this February, we found one more use for it because I think plain white pillowcases are boring.  Really boring.

So we pulled out the embroidery machine and did a couple of tests.  Here's what we came up with:


The text on this one is a little bit crooked and will get shifted slightly in the final version, but I think it's a vast improvement over nothing at all!  Silly?  Maybe.  Girly?  Definitely.  I like it so much, I'm thinking of adding something to the sheets once we get the pillowcases finished.

Expect more little things like this in the future- I'm not one of those folks who's content to leave well enough alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment