Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rebuilding Denny, Part III (Reconstruction)

(Also see Part I and Part II.)

Denny's reconstruction started with the same new pine ceiling we added to most of the cabins last year and new (square!) window frames. We kept the windows themselves since they were in pretty good shape.

We gave the bathroom a new plywood floor.  (The floor isn't crooked; it's an optical illusion in the photo):

After that, we built a new porch!

And even better than the new porch, we put in new oak floors.

And it made sense to add some log facing to the bathroom as well:

And then we finished it all off with new porch railings and steps:

We have more to do next year, but we're well on our way to having a functional cabin again.  I can't thank Cary, Kendall, Ray, Randy, and the boys enough- they do great work.  As we finish things off next summer, I'll keep you all posted on our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment