Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Photo Contest

I alluded to our 2011 Photo Contest in an earlier post, but I think it deserves one of its own.

For those of you who, for whatever reason, didn't get our Christmas card this year and aren't a Facebook fan, this will be news.  For the rest of you, hopefully it's a reminder!

2011 marks Red River's 125th year, which is a pretty big deal!  (It's been in the Brophy family for 31 of those; it still amazes me that we've had it for almost a quarter of its existence.)  To celebrate a century and a quarter, we're starting the year off with a photo contest.  I want to see some of the great memories you guys have of the Deboullie township.  Contest rules are available on the Red River website, but here's a quick synopsis:

As long as it's a picture of the Deboullie Township, and you have the copyright, you can enter it. Other than that, anything goes. (I received an picture of a painting yesterday, which I hadn't even thought of, but it meets the criteria.) We'll have all of you judge them starting in February, and in March, one person will win two days at Camp for two. It's that simple!

So please, keep the entries coming; I haven't gotten as many as I'd like yet, and there are only three weeks left until the February 1st deadline.  I know a lot of you have great photos; I've seen some of them!  Don't be shy; we're all friends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment