Monday, September 21, 2009

It's almost autumn

Today is the fall equinox. (Okay, tomorrow morning at 5:40 is technically the fall equinox. It's darn close.) So why in the world am I working from our front deck in shorts and a t-shirt? This summer has been pretty crazy, weather-wise. June was fine, but after I got back from Virginia at the beginning of July, it was nothing but rain, fog, and 50-degree mornings until the beginning of August. (Ironically, it finally cleared up about two days after I got back from Virginia again. Coincidence?)

Now, in late September, we're finally having July. It's about 85 degrees in the sun, the sky is blue, and there's no wind to speak of. I know there are still quite a few people who don't give credence to the concept of global climate change, but I'd feel more comfortable with this Indian Summer if we'd actually had summer in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment