Monday, July 4, 2011

It's the Fourth of July!

Happy Independence Day, everyone!


I'm back from my trip down south.  My meeting in Virginia went well, and my cousin's wedding in Camden was absolutely beautiful.  If we ever start hosting weddings here at Camp, I hope we can create something similar.  (Luckily, I got lots of great decorating ideas yesterday.)


We also fixed our satellite problem this afternoon, and we didn't even have to deal with a visit from a technician.  (Whew!)  I think our problem was a combination of water in the feedhorn and a mis-alined dish.  I guess that's what you have to expect with a wet, windy spring and summer.  Everything seems to be working great now, and we're keeping our fingers crossed it stays that way.

In other news, it looks like we have some baby goldeneyes!  The crazy duck dance we saw a few weeks ago must have indeed been due to chicks jumping from one of the pine trees on the far side of the pond, even though we didn't see them do it.  I've only seen one chick so far, but some of the guests have seen the mother with a pretty large brood.

No comments:

Post a Comment