Sunday, July 31, 2011

Goodbye, July.

This summer is passing in the blink of an eye.  Before I know it, I'll be packing for the Great Southward Migration again.

My absence for the past week or so has been due to me just plain being busy.  Sorry about that- sometimes life gets ahead of me, and I have to run to catch up.

In the good news department, however, our guys really came through for us, and we got Togue all buttoned up and cleaned up and spiffy for a group that arrives tomorrow.  First, a quick reminder of what we started with:




And where we were two weekends ago:



And here's where we finished up this afternoon:





We still have a bit more to do to really finish it off, but it's in such better shape than it was at the beginning of the month!  We'll put hardwood down on the floors, we're going to add a window to the pond-facing gable end, and I'd like to renovate the bathroom, but the major work is done.  I have to say, I really like how the ceiling came out- it far surpasses that tile!

So goodbye, July; I hardly knew ya.  But you were good to us, so thanks for that.  Here's hoping August is similar but maybe sticks around a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment