Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Waterslides!

I've been hesitant to share this exciting news, but I think now is the perfect time. When I was a kid, every time I reached the summit of Deboullie, I thought about how much fun it would be to have a waterslide that went all the way down to the pond.

Well, my wait is over! At just over 600 vertical feet, the proposed Deboullie waterslides will be among the tallest in the world, and they'll certainly have the best view. The slides, four in all, will replace the fire tower as the area's recreational draw once the tower is removed and replaced with the MSCommNet array.

Don't take my word for it; instead, see the press release.

I don't know about you, but I'm going to head into the woods now to make sure I'm first in line.

UPDATE: Yes, I promise this is just an April Fools' joke! (I'm not sure why the timestamp shows it as Tuesday instead of Thursday.) The only part that's true is the fact that I wished for a waterslide every time I climbed the mountain when I was a kid. =) I hope everyone is having a great spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment