Saturday, June 18, 2011

Still Wet.

Yes, siree… I said it yesterday, and I’ll say it again. When it rains, it pours. We had six downpours today, with halfway decent weather in between:






My poor-man's rain gage (a water glass on the porch railing) tells me that we got at least another inch today. The last time I was out at the rock pile, the water over the big rock (which usually sits less than four inches below the surface) was up past my elbow, and it's certainly higher now than it was then. Still, I'll take this over last summer's dry weather any day.

Besides, how can you argue with a day that gives you something like this when it's over?


It was the most spectacular double-double rainbow I've seen in a long time.  The main rainbow ran through the color spectrum twice, and there was a double above it.  Wow.  (The camera didn't capture it as well as I'd hoped.)  [After looking at the picture below a little closer, my double-double rainbow is actually a double-TRIPLE rainbow!  I brought out the colors a little in Photoshop, and you can just faintly see a third band of purples below the second.]



In other news, the Island renovations are still in progress!  We got half of one end wall done, and it looks spectacular so far.  I can't wait to get it finished and get the new cedar mantle in place.


And here's a comparison of the new wall to the old wall. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment