Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Satellite Internet

Sorry for the silence; we're having a little trouble with our HughesNet internet connection, so we've been offline for the past few days.  I'm actually writing this from Shin Pond as my alter ego is on its way to Virginia for a meeting and then back to Maine for my cousin's wedding this weekend.  We'll either get the satellite fixed just as soon as I get back, or we'll order a whole new dish.  I did get on the roof this afternoon, drained some water from the feedhorn (probably the result all of the driving rain we've had this spring), and very slightly re-adjusted the dish.  No luck yet- our signal did improve, but we're still not connected.  Our weather has been great for the past few days, but I've read that our connection can also be affected by, among other things, the weather at HughesNet headquarters in Germantown, MD.

Part of me is hoping that, since our problem cropped up randomly the other morning, it's the result of a problem with HughesNet itself that will spontaneously resolve while I'm gone.  (Hey, I'm an optimist.  How can I be anything else with this weather??)


More updates to come over the next few days as I travel.  We finished the loft on the Island, so you know I'll post photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment